Beta 20hp Saildrive – 3 Cylinder
Naturally aspirated, diesel propulsion engine developing 20 hp at 3,600 rpm with a swept volume of 719 cc.
Visit our Saildrive solutions section to learn more about how Beta Engines special adaption and drive plate will suit your existing saildrive leg.
- Reliable heat exchanger cooled naturally aspirated indirect injection diesel engines, based upon Kubota’s highly advanced technology.
- Cast iron cylinder head and block with a gear driven camshaft and sea water pump.
- Three vortex combustion system for quiet running, low emissions and excellent fuel consumption.
- Installation angles up to 15° maximum (flywheel down) when static, and 25° when heeling.
- Selva saildrive leg, with 2.2:1 reduction ratio, Output rotation is clockwise in ahead viewed from saildrive end.
- G.R.P. moulded base with stainless steel inserts.
- Heavy duty power take off to drive auxiliary equipment.
- Custom Saildrive Engine Mounts to suit your installation requirements.
- Shallow Sump.
- 12 Volt – 70 Amp Alternator.
- Keel cooling.
- Control Panels ABV, ABVW, B or C with gauges and alarms.
- Solid or Folding propeller.
- Keel cooling.
Beta Marine – Beta 20 Saildrive: 3 cylinder, naturally aspirated, diesel propulsion engine developing 20 hp at 3,600 rpm with a swept volume of 719 cc’s (Recreational Craft Directive emission compliant). The engine is supplied complete with a heat exchanger and header tank, water cooled exhaust manifold, fresh and sea water pumps, cast injection bend, mechanical fuel lift pump, fuel and oil filters, sump pump, flywheel with heavy inertia ring for super smooth running at low rpm, flywheel housing, special quiet air intake filter, 12 volt starter, 40 amp battery charging alternator, shutdown solenoid, control panel “ABV” (with tachometer/hour recorder, keystart switch and push button stop, warning lights and alarm buzzer for low oil pressure, high water temperature, no charge, and power on); a 3m interconnection cable with multi pin plug and socket to engine harness. Gearbox with nominal 2:1 reduction, heavy duty engine feet with flexible mountings, flexible coupling disc on gearbox, “Morse” type end fittings for speed and gear control, engine test certificate, operators manual. Red paint and packed on skid base with a 3-year “Self Service” warranty.