Beta 38hp – 4 Cylinder
Naturally aspirated, diesel propulsion engine developing 38 hp at 3,600 rpm with a swept volume of 1498 cc.
- 370 lbs / 168 kg
- 12 volt Starter
- 65 amp Alternator w/ upgrade options
- Gearbox with nominal 2:1 reduction w/ gearbox options and reduction ratios.
- Serpentine belt upgrade option
- High Rise Injection Exhaust (optional feature)
- Reliable heat exchanger cooled, naturally aspirated, indirect injection diesel engine, based upon Kubota’s highly advanced technology.
- Cast iron cylinder head and block with a gear driven camshaft and sea water pump.
- Three vortex combustion system for quiet running, excellent fuel consumption, and emission compliance in all countries.
- Installation angles up to 15° maximum when static, and 25° when heeling.
- Technodrive or PRM gearboxes. Output rotation is clockwise in ahead viewed from gearbox end.
- Custom Saildrive Engine Mounts to suit your installation requirements.
- Shallow Sump.
- 12 Volt – 70 Amp Alternator.
- Keel cooling.
- Control Panels ABV, ABVW, B or C with gauges and alarms.
Beta Marine – Beta 38: 4 cylinder, naturally aspirated, diesel propulsion engine developing 38hp at 3,600 rpm with a swept volume of 1498 cc (Recreational Craft Directive emission compliant). The engine is supplied complete with a heat exchanger and header tank, water cooled exhaust manifold, fresh and sea water pumps, cast injection bend, mechanical fuel lift pump, fuel and oil filters, sump pump, flywheel with heavy inertia ring for super smooth running at low rpm, flywheel housing, special quiet air intake filter, 12 volt starter, 65 amp battery charging alternator, shutdown solenoid, control panel “ABV” (with tachometer/hour recorder, key start switch and push button stop, warning lights and alarm buzzer for low oil pressure, high water temperature, no charge, and power on); a 3m interconnection cable with multi pin plug and socket to engine harness. Gearbox with nominal 2:1 reduction, heavy duty engine feet with flexible mountings, flexible coupling disc on gearbox, “Morse” type end fittings for speed and gear control, engine test certificate, operators manual. Red paint and packed on skid base with a 3-year “Self Service” warranty.
- Beta 38
- TMC60 [PDF]
- Beta 38 TMC60A [PDF]
- Beta 38 TM345 [PDF]
- Beta 38 PRM150 [PDF]
- Beta 38 PRM150 (65 Amp Extension) [PDF]
- Beta 38 ZF15MIV [PDF]
- Beta 38 Bobtail (No Gearbox)
- Control Panel ‘ABVW’ Cutout [PDF]
- In relationshiop to your needs, please learn more about gearbox options and reduction ratios.
Literature & Manuals