Warranty for Saildrives
This warranty sets out the conditions and limitations of Beta Marine’s warranty for the purchaser. Beta Marine Limited (Beta) give this warranty to you the customer that the product is free from defects in materials and workmanship for the warranty period set out in the following table. These warranty terms only apply to Kubota based propulsion engines. This warranty replaces clause 17 in our general terms of tender and sale.
(1) Beta’s warranty falls into two categories, as follows:
- Retail customer who uses the engine for pleasure applications / private use.
- Commercial customers, this covers work boats charter boats and hire boats.
(2) The warranty period for these two categories is as follows:
- Pleasure applications / private use – 5 years from date of the invoice from Beta, a Beta Dealer or 2000 operating hours, whichever comes first.
- Commercial applications – 1 year from date of the invoice from Beta, a Beta Dealer or 1000 operating hours whichever comes first.
(3) Warranty costs will be covered as the attached matrix:
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Main Engine Components (Static)||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour||Parts Only||Parts Only|
|Main Engine Components (Moving)||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour|
|Fuel Injection and Supply System||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour|
|Cooling System||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour|
|Gearbox / Saildrive||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Drive Member||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Flexible Mounts||Parts & Labour|
|Starter||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Alternator (Standard)||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Alternator (2nd)||Parts & Labour|
|Travel Power||Parts & Labour|
|Engine Control Panel*||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Engine Harness and Stop Solenoid||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Oil Pressure Switch Sender||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Water Temperature Switch Sender||Parts & Labour||Parts Only|
|Sump Pump||Parts & Labour||Parts & Labour|
|Alternator Belt||Parts & Labour|
|Filters (Air, Fuel and Oil)|
|Seawater Pump Impeller|
*All engine panels must be seated on a continuous bead of mastic between the rear face and the mounting surface.
(4) Warranty does not cover consumable parts which would be replaced during the normal routine servicing of the engine, see operator’s handbook.
(5) Warranty is invalid if genuine Beta or Kubota approved parts are not used. These parts can be obtained from your local Beta dealer.
(6) Beta Marine Ltd reserve the right to either repair or replace the parts concerned. Replaced parts become the property of Beta Marine. Any warranty work must be authorised by Beta UK working through your local dealer or boat builder.
(7) Wherever possible warranty work must be carried out by a Beta Service Dealer. If one is not available then contact must be made direct to Beta Marine Limited in the UK who will authorise work to be carried out by a local engineer.
(8) Travel to do warranty work is limited to 2-½ hours and 200 miles round trip. The removal and reinstallation of an engine is limited to 4 hours.
(9) The customer must pay the labour and parts cost direct to the engineer who carries out the work, for those parts not covered under warranty as defined in item (3).
(10) Third party claims are not acceptable as defined in our terms and conditions of sale (see acknowledgement form).
(11) Cranage and slipping fees are not included under the warranty cover.
(12) This warranty is valid for the first retail purchaser only. It may be passed on to the second customer at the discretion of Beta Marine Ltd. only.
(13) Owners / Users Responsibility
- (a) Owners must satisfy themselves that the engine is installed and commissioned correctly so that the engine cannot be damaged or made to run incorrectly or cause to fail leading to a life threatening situation. The warranty card and Installation and Commissioning check list must be completed and returned to your dealer or Beta Marine for warranty to apply.
- (b) Owners must maintain the engine in a proper manner as described in the operator’s manual. Faulty parts must be immediately replaced or repaired so that continual use of the engine cannot cause these parts to suffer premature failure causing possible injury or death in certain circumstances.
- (c) Owners can choose to use a local dealer to commission the engine and carry out service work or do this themselves. All costs must be paid by the owner.
- (d) Engines being stored for more than 6 months must be either run regularly or special protection oils specified at the time of purchase. Failures relating to incorrect storage or maintenance are not covered by this warranty.
- (e) The Warranty card must be returned to your dealer or direct to Beta Marine to register you as the first owner.
- (f) Warranty does not cover parts affected by the following:
- Installation faults
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Improper use
- Rust, corrosion and contamination
- Contamination of rubber mounts by oil or diesel
- Contamination by sea water in the engine oil or water in the fuel supply
- Incorrect storage
- Changes to the electrical system including the installation of customized instrument panels and modifications to alternators to accommodate the use of battery charge regulators etc.
- High alternator temperature. This can occur where a high output alternator (over 120 amps) is connected to a battery management system; in these cases an extraction fan must be fitted to cool the alternator
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Beta Marine 5 Year Warranty – Warranty Information.